SHLC x WDCs WORKSHOP
UNDERSTANDING SAFE WORKPLACES AND YOUR RIGHTS AT INTERNSHIPS
Sexual Harassment Law Compliance Advisory, in collaboration with the Women Empowerment Cell of Kirori Mal College, and the Women’s Development Cells of Kamala Nehru College and Hindu College organised a workshop on “Understanding Safe Workplaces and your Rights at Internships” on 31 October 2020 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM.
The workshop helped create awareness and sensitisation on the Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and the rights of interns. It focussed on sensitisisng students on their rights, duties and details of redressal mechanisms.
Some of the topics that the workshop covered were:
- Applicability of the POSH act.
- Redressal mechanisms of the POSH act.
- Awareness about the rights of students at internships.
- Introduction to important terms and definitions under the POSH Act, such as Internal Committee, Local Committee, Aggrieved Woman etc.
- Changes in workplace culture owing to the global pandemic and “virtual sexual harassment”.