Every employer shall
- provide a safe working environment at the workplace which shall include safety from the persons coming into contact at the workplace;
- display at any conspicuous place in the workplace, the penal consequences of sexual harassments; and the order constituting, the Internal Committee under subsection (I) of section 4;
- organise workshops and awareness programmes at regular intervals for sensitising the employees with the provisions of the Act and orientation programmes for the members of the Internal Committee in the manner as may be prescribed;
- provide necessary facilities to the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be, for dealing with the complaint and conducting an inquiry;
- assist in securing the attendance of respondent and witnesses before the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be;
- make available such information to the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be, as it may require having regard to the complaint made under sub-section (1) of section 9;
- provide assistance to the woman if she so chooses to file a complaint in relation to the offence under the Indian Penal Code or any other law for the time being 45 of 1860. in force;
- cause to initiate action, under the Indian Penal Code or any other law for the 45 of 1860. time being in force, against the perpetrator, or if the aggrieved woman so desires, where the perpetrator is not an employee, in the workplace at which the incident of sexual harassment took place;
- treat sexual harassment as a misconduct under the service rules and initiate action for such misconduct;
- monitor the timely submission of reports by the Internal Committee.
Access the PoSH Act here.